- View Offline
- Setting up a new company file
- Working with the chart of accounts
- Adding bank accounts and credit cards
- Setting up sales tax
- Adding customer, vendor, and employee profiles
- Billing customers
- Receiving payments
- Handling refunds
- Recording deposits
- Sharing QuickBooks with others
- Running reports
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] My name is Jess Stratton and welcome to QuickBooks for Mac. QuickBooks is a very powerful accounting package. You don't need to be an accountant to use QuickBooks and I've actually designed this course for those that aren't accountants as I'll show you how to build your company from start to finish, explaining some general accounting procedures in the process. I'll show you how to begin by creating a new company file and then backing it up on a regular basis. Then I'll take you through setting up your shop by adding all your financial accounts. After that, it's time to start adding products and inventory items.
When you're all set up, I'll show you everything you'll be doing in your day-to-day operations such as creating estimates and purchase orders, sending invoices to customers, receiving payments, and even printing checks. I'll show you all of these things and much, much more. We have a lot to cover so let's get started right now.