- Describe the outputs when importing and exporting files between QuickBooks and Excel.
- Identify limitations in QuickBooks as a bookkeeping software.
- Define financial statements used with QuickBooks.
- Review the steps necessary to import and export files between QuickBooks and Excel.
- Differentiate the use of QuickBooks and Excel in creating financial statements.
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Michael] Financial records come in many formats and it can be a hassle getting them organized properly. From QuickBooks to Excel to even simple text files, everyone seems to have their own way of recording their business activities and none of them match. This course will help clear things up. In this course, we'll learn how to import and export sales transactions, financial statements, customer lists and more in QuickBooks and Excel. I'll show you how to navigate and move business data quickly and easily from one program to the next. And I'll explain the advantages of each option. Furthermore, we'll do all of this in about 20 minutes. I'm Dr. Michael McDonald. I'm a Professor of Finance, a Wall Street veteran and a frequent consultant to industry. If you're ready to dive in and learn how to use QuickBooks and Excel to make yourself a more effective businessperson, then please join me here on LinkedIn Learning.