- Converting existing data into a QuickBooks format
- Creating a company file from scratch
- Adding accounts and subaccounts
- Setting up customers, vendors, products, and services
- Opening balance information
- Recording account opening balances
- Recording open transactions
- Adjusting sales tax balance and inventory quantity
- Setting up closing data
- Adding users
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Bonnie Biafore. This course starts off with a quick look at how to convert existing records into QuickBooks and get them cleaned up. We'll also use existing information to create customers, vendors, products, and services. Next, we'll explore what it takes to get your account balances where they need to be. I'll explain where you can find the information for your account opening balances. Then, I'll show you how to get those balances into QuickBooks.
Finally, we'll look at how to verify that the account values in your new QuickBooks company file match the ones from your previous bookkeeping system. If others help you keep the books, you'll see how to create additional QuickBooks users. I know you're anxious to get your company file up and running, so let's get started, setting up a company in QuickBooks.