In this movie, you’ll see how to hide accounts you don’t need by making them inactive. It explains why it’s better to make accounts inactive instead of deleting them. You’ll also see how to make inactive accounts active again.
- [Voiceover] If QuickBooks created accounts…that you don't need, it's easy to hide them.…If you don't see your Chart of Accounts window,…you can press Control-A or on the homepage,…go over to the Company section…and click Chart of Accounts.…In this Chart of Accounts, I'm going to…scroll down to the bottom of the list.…There's an account called Uniforms,…it's an expense account.…Two Trees Olive Oil doesn't use uniforms,…so we don't need this expense account…and I want to hide it from this list.…
To do that you have a couple of options.…You can head down to the bottom left corner…of the window, click the Account button,…and choose Make Account Inactive.…There's another option.…You can select the account in the list,…right-click it, and then on the shortcut menu,…choose Make Account Inactive.…And that hides the account from the list.…It also disappears from reports, and windows,…and drop-down lists.…
Now you may wonder, well, why don't…I just delete it?…It's true that you can delete accounts…that haven't been used.…For example, if I wanted to delete an account,…
- Convert existing data into a QuickBooks format.
- Identify how to create a company file from scratch.
- Recall how to add accounts and subaccounts to a company file.
- Create products and services in QuickBooks.
- Define the opening balance.
- List open transactions.
- Apply changes to sales tax balance.
- Identify how to adjust inventory.
- Modify the closing date.