This movie describes how to turn on the purchase order feature. It shows how to record a purchase order. It also explains that non-posting transactions don't affect account balances. The movie also shows how to view activity in a non-posting account.
- [Voiceover] Non-posting transactions,…like purchase orders and estimates,…don't affect your account balances,…but you still need to get them into QuickBooks.…Let's create a purchase order to see what happens.…It turns out, we have to turn on the feature…for purchase orders.…We haven't done that yet.…So head to the Edit menu and choose Preferences.…In the Preferences dialogue box,…on the left side, in the Categories list,…you want to choose Items & Inventory.…
You have to be an Admin user to make these changes…because we're heading to the Company Preferences tab.…As you might have figured out,…we have to turn on the check box…for "Inventory and purchase orders are active."…When you do that, a few other settings related…to inventory get turned on as well,…but we don't have to worry about those right now.…So go ahead and click OK.…When you see the warning about closing all the open windows,…click OK, and let QuickBooks do it.…
Then, in the left icon bar, click Home…to bring back the Home Page.…To create a purchase order,…
- Convert existing data into a QuickBooks format.
- Identify how to create a company file from scratch.
- Recall how to add accounts and subaccounts to a company file.
- Create products and services in QuickBooks.
- Define the opening balance.
- List open transactions.
- Apply changes to sales tax balance.
- Identify how to adjust inventory.
- Modify the closing date.