This movie demonstrates creating new parent accounts and subaccounts, including choosing the account type, naming the account, and mapping to the appropriate tax-line. It also shows how to edit an account to make it a subaccount to a parent account.
- [Voiceover] The chart of accounts that Quickbooks creates…might not have all the accounts you want.…If that's the case, it's easy to add more.…If you don't see the homepage in Quickbooks,…head over to the left icon bar and click Home.…Then, on the homepage, you wanna head over…to the right side, to the company section.…Click chart of accounts or you can also press control A…to open up the chart of accounts window.…When you first open up this window,…it's usually kinda small,…and you can't see the information that you want.…
To make it bigger, just point at one of the corners…and drag until it's the size that you want.…Now that we can see what's in the chart of accounts,…let's look at the income accounts.…There's only one, for food sales.…Two Trees Olive Oil does more than sell food,…so we wanna create some additional income accounts.…I'm gonna start by creating a top level account for sales.…To do that, you have two choices.…You can head down to the bottom left corner of the window,…click account, and then choose new.…
- Convert existing data into a QuickBooks format.
- Identify how to create a company file from scratch.
- Recall how to add accounts and subaccounts to a company file.
- Create products and services in QuickBooks.
- Define the opening balance.
- List open transactions.
- Apply changes to sales tax balance.
- Identify how to adjust inventory.
- Modify the closing date.