- With Payroll, there's a lot of detail to keep track of.…In QuickBooks, the Payroll setup interview…categorizes details to keep things tidy…and guides you step by step.…To open the interview, head up to the Menu bar…and click Employees and then choose Payroll Setup.…That opens up the QuickBook's Payroll setup interview.…In this company file, we're starting at the very beginning.…And you can see that because the green arrow…and the green highlighting is on Introduction.…
If you want, read through the introduction,…and then when you're ready to get started,…down at the bottom right, click Continue.…That takes you to the next step,…which is Company Setup.…And you can tell because over on the left side…the green arrow and the highlighting…has moved to Company Setup.…In addition, it's expanded to show the subcategories,…Compensation and Employee Benefits.…When you're ready to start defining compensation,…you have two choices.…You can come down to the bottom right and click Continue,…or just stay up here on the left side…
- Signing up for Intuit Payroll
- Working with the Setup Wizard
- Entering compensation and benefits items
- Setting up employees
- Defining payroll taxes
- Recording historical payroll data
- Running payroll
- Managing payroll liabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: signing up for QuickBooks Payroll.
QuickBooks Desktop: Tips and Trickswith Bonnie Biafore3h 13m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
What you need for payroll2m 15s
2. Setting Up Company and Employee Payroll Information
3. Defining Payroll Taxes
4. Finalizing Payroll Setup
5. Running Payroll and Paying Liabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.