Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need for payroll, part of QuickBooks Payroll Essential Training.
- Before you can set up Payroll,…you have to make a couple of decisions about it.…And you need some government-related information…to satisfy tax agencies.…Well first of all, before you hire people,…you have to decide how much you're going to pay them.…You also have to decide what benefits you're going to offer.…Things like vacation, sick time, health insurance,…and retirement.…You have to choose how often you're gonna pay people.…And finally, you choose the pay period…and the paycheck date.…
Now keep in mind,…the paycheck date is always a few days after the end date,…because you need some time to process Payroll.…With those choices behind you,…you also need some information for the government.…For your company,…you need an Employer Identification Number.…Or if you're a sole proprietor,…you'll use your Social Security number.…You get that Employer Identification Number…from the federal government.…Then, for each employee you hire,…you need a W-4 form.…
They fill that out with their withholding allowances.…You also need an I-9 form,…
- Signing up for Intuit Payroll
- Working with the Setup Wizard
- Entering compensation and benefits items
- Setting up employees
- Defining payroll taxes
- Recording historical payroll data
- Running payroll
- Managing payroll liabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: signing up for QuickBooks Payroll.
1. Getting Started
What you need for payroll2m 15s
2. Setting Up Company and Employee Payroll Information
3. Defining Payroll Taxes
4. Finalizing Payroll Setup
5. Running Payroll and Paying Liabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.