Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Specifying standard settings for new employees, part of QuickBooks Payroll Essential Training.
- If you offer the same compensation and benefits…to most of your employees you can…set up default employee settings.…That way, when you create a new…employee record, Quickbooks fills in…many of the fields for you.…To get to these default settings,…head up to the menu bar, then choose Employee Center.…In the toolbar, click Manage Employee Information…and choose Change New Employee Default Settings.…That opens up the Employee Defaults dialog box.…
Now, the first thing you can set up…are items for earnings.…Here, you can see that regular pay is set up.…But we're gonna change that.…I click the cell, then click the down arrow,…and I'm gonna choose Salary because…most of the employees are salaried.…If you have a typical salary, you can type that in…the Hourly/Annual Rate cell.…I'll type in $50,000.…Now, in the next item name cell, I click that,…click the down arrow, and I'm gonna add Bonus.…
In this case, I'm not gonna put in a value…because it could change from employee to employee…and from year to year.…There's a check box, Use time data to create…
- Signing up for Intuit Payroll
- Working with the Setup Wizard
- Entering compensation and benefits items
- Setting up employees
- Defining payroll taxes
- Recording historical payroll data
- Running payroll
- Managing payroll liabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: signing up for QuickBooks Payroll.
QuickBooks Desktop: Tips and Trickswith Bonnie Biafore3h 13m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
What you need for payroll2m 15s
2. Setting Up Company and Employee Payroll Information
3. Defining Payroll Taxes
4. Finalizing Payroll Setup
5. Running Payroll and Paying Liabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.