Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Signing up for QuickBooks Payroll, part of QuickBooks Payroll Essential Training.
- [Instructor] You have to sign up for a…QuickBooks payroll service, before you can…work with payroll and QuickBooks.…You can sign up for payroll services…within QuickBooks, or online.…Here's the website for Intuit Payroll.…When you look at this website, you can see…that there's payroll only, or you can get…payroll plus QuickBooks.…Let's scroll down on this screen until you see…the green try it free button up at the top right.…To sign up for payroll, click that button.…
It's going to ask you a couple of questions,…like do you currently use QuickBooks.…So we'll say yes.…And I'm using QuickBooks desktop, so I select that.…And then finally, you specify whether you want to…pay annually or monthly.…Annually you spend less per year.…So you select that option and click continue…to complete your application.…Now, once you've done your application,…back in QuickBooks you can enter the service key…that you get in the employees menu to…get your payroll started.…
But instead of signing up here, let's go to…QuickBooks and see how you sign up in QuickBooks.…
- Signing up for Intuit Payroll
- Working with the Setup Wizard
- Entering compensation and benefits items
- Setting up employees
- Defining payroll taxes
- Recording historical payroll data
- Running payroll
- Managing payroll liabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: signing up for QuickBooks Payroll.
1. Getting Started
What you need for payroll2m 15s
2. Setting Up Company and Employee Payroll Information
3. Defining Payroll Taxes
4. Finalizing Payroll Setup
5. Running Payroll and Paying Liabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.