Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up state tax information, part of QuickBooks Payroll Essential Training.
- Intuit Payroll adds state tax items…to your company file based on the states…in which your employees live.…Although you don't have to add these items,…you could add or edit them.…For example, to add items for another state…or to change a tax rate in the payroll setup interview,…click the taxes link if necessary…and then click state taxes.…This sample file already has some items…for California taxes set up…because the employees all live in California.…
Let's say that we want to edit…the California unemployment company state tax.…Click that in the list and then click edit.…That opens up an edit dialogue box…with all the fields that you can change.…While the accounts look good…and the name is fine,…I'm gonna go down to the bottom right…and click next.…On this screen you could specify the company rate…and let's say it's 3.4%.…Then head down to the bottom right…and click finish.…
Now the description is changed to 3.4%,…so we've edited that item.…Let's say you're planning to hire people…in another state and you want to add…
- Signing up for Intuit Payroll
- Working with the Setup Wizard
- Entering compensation and benefits items
- Setting up employees
- Defining payroll taxes
- Recording historical payroll data
- Running payroll
- Managing payroll liabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: signing up for QuickBooks Payroll.
1. Getting Started
What you need for payroll2m 15s
2. Setting Up Company and Employee Payroll Information
3. Defining Payroll Taxes
4. Finalizing Payroll Setup
5. Running Payroll and Paying Liabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.