Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up items for paid time off, part of QuickBooks Payroll Essential Training.
- Things like vacation and sick pay…fall into the category Paid Time Off.…In the Payroll Setup interview, to get to the Paid Time Off,…click Company Setup, if you need to,…then click Employee Benefits,…and finally, click Paid Time Off.…You can see this sample file already has…some sick time and vacation items set up,…but we're gonna add some new items…just to see how it works.…To add a new item, click Add New.…Then, in the Add New dialogue box,…there are checkboxes for Paid Sick Time Off…and Paid Vacation Time Off.…
We're just gonna set up some Vacation Time Off.…Turn on that checkbox, and then click Finish.…Well, the program adds two new items,…Hourly Vacation and Salary Vacation.…Let's go ahead and edit these items and change their names.…I select Salary Vacation and then click the Edit button.…In the Show on paychecks as box,…I'm gonna change the name that shows up on the paychecks.…And let's say, we're gonna call this,…Vacation Senior Salary, so maybe the people…who have worked for your company for a while…
- Signing up for Intuit Payroll
- Working with the Setup Wizard
- Entering compensation and benefits items
- Setting up employees
- Defining payroll taxes
- Recording historical payroll data
- Running payroll
- Managing payroll liabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: signing up for QuickBooks Payroll.
1. Getting Started
What you need for payroll2m 15s
2. Setting Up Company and Employee Payroll Information
3. Defining Payroll Taxes
4. Finalizing Payroll Setup
5. Running Payroll and Paying Liabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.