Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up insurance benefits, part of QuickBooks Payroll Essential Training.
- Insurance benefits, like health insurance,…are an important part of employment packages.…Because of their cost, and in some cases, tax treatments,…these payroll items come with several settings.…In the payroll setup interview,…to get to the insurance benefits,…go to Company Setup, and then click Employee Benefits.…That expands, and shows the different benefits you can set.…The first one is Insurance Benefits.…Go ahead and click that,…and you can see that there's only one item…in the list for Workers Compensation.…
Well we're gonna add a couple of new ones.…To do that, below the list, click Add New.…In the Add New dialog box, there are check boxes…for different types of insurance…benefits that you might offer.…Things like health insurance,…dental insurance, vision and so on.…We're gonna set up items for health insurance,…so I turn on that check box,…and then down in the other insurance group,…we're gonna set up a Health Savings Account,…so turn that check box on too.…
If you select more than one item,…it's gonna step you through screens…
- Signing up for Intuit Payroll
- Working with the Setup Wizard
- Entering compensation and benefits items
- Setting up employees
- Defining payroll taxes
- Recording historical payroll data
- Running payroll
- Managing payroll liabilities
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: signing up for QuickBooks Payroll.