Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up insurance benefits, part of QuickBooks Payroll Essential Training.
- Insurance benefits, like health insurance,…are an important part of employment packages.…Because of their cost, and in some cases, tax treatments,…these payroll items come with several settings.…In the payroll setup interview,…to get to the insurance benefits,…go to Company Setup, and then click Employee Benefits.…That expands, and shows the different benefits you can set.…The first one is Insurance Benefits.…Go ahead and click that,…and you can see that there's only one item…in the list for Workers Compensation.…
Well we're gonna add a couple of new ones.…To do that, below the list, click Add New.…In the Add New dialog box, there are check boxes…for different types of insurance…benefits that you might offer.…Things like health insurance,…dental insurance, vision and so on.…We're gonna set up items for health insurance,…so I turn on that check box,…and then down in the other insurance group,…we're gonna set up a Health Savings Account,…so turn that check box on too.…
If you select more than one item,…it's gonna step you through screens…
- Signing up for Intuit Payroll
- Working with the Setup Wizard
- Entering compensation and benefits items
- Setting up employees
- Defining payroll taxes
- Recording historical payroll data
- Running payroll
- Managing payroll liabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: signing up for QuickBooks Payroll.
QuickBooks Desktop: Tips and Trickswith Bonnie Biafore3h 13m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
What you need for payroll2m 15s
2. Setting Up Company and Employee Payroll Information
3. Defining Payroll Taxes
4. Finalizing Payroll Setup
5. Running Payroll and Paying Liabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.