- If you use Intuit basic payroll,…you have to prepare your payroll tax forms.…The good news, QuickBooks payroll reports…provide the information you need.…To see an overview of payroll,…head up to the menu bar,…click reports, point to employees and payroll,…and then choose payroll summary.…The payroll summary report includes each employee…that you pay, and shows every item…that shows up on the paychecks.…
Now, initially, this report…has columns for hours that they work,…and the rate that they get paid.…If you want to focus on just the dollar values…on the paychecks, you can customize this report…to hide the hours and rate columns.…Up at the top left of the window,…click customize report,…then, in this modified report dialogue box…on the display tab, you'll see that there…are two check boxes: hours and rate.…
Turn off those check boxes,…and click OK.…And now the report summarizes your paychecks.…If you want to see the values…from the payroll that we ran in another movie,…in the dates drop-down list,…scroll down until you see next month,…
- Signing up for Intuit Payroll
- Working with the Setup Wizard
- Entering compensation and benefits items
- Setting up employees
- Defining payroll taxes
- Recording historical payroll data
- Running payroll
- Managing payroll liabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: signing up for QuickBooks Payroll.
QuickBooks Desktop: Tips and Trickswith Bonnie Biafore3h 13m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
What you need for payroll2m 15s
2. Setting Up Company and Employee Payroll Information
3. Defining Payroll Taxes
4. Finalizing Payroll Setup
5. Running Payroll and Paying Liabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.