Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Paying payroll liabilities, part of QuickBooks Payroll Essential Training.
- After you pay your employees,…you still need to send in money…for things like payroll taxes, employee withholdings,…401k contributions, and so on.…You don't use the regular Write Checks window…for these payments.…Instead, head to the Payroll Center's…Pay Liabilities feature.…To get to the Payroll Center,…you can go up to the menu bar,…click Employees, and then choose Payroll Center.…But if the home page is visible the way it is here,…you can go down to the employee's panel,…and at the bottom left click Payroll Center.…
Then on the right side of the screen,…click the Pay Liabilities tab.…This table at the top Pay Taxes and Other Liabilities…shows all of the liability payments that you have to make.…You can see here it has…California Withholding and Disability.…It's got Federal withholdings, health insurance premiums,…401k contributions, Health Savings Account contributions,…and so on.…The dates that show up in the Due Date column…have to do with the schedules that we set…for these items which we did in the other movies.…
- Signing up for Intuit Payroll
- Working with the Setup Wizard
- Entering compensation and benefits items
- Setting up employees
- Defining payroll taxes
- Recording historical payroll data
- Running payroll
- Managing payroll liabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: signing up for QuickBooks Payroll.
QuickBooks Desktop: Tips and Trickswith Bonnie Biafore3h 13m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
What you need for payroll2m 15s
2. Setting Up Company and Employee Payroll Information
3. Defining Payroll Taxes
4. Finalizing Payroll Setup
5. Running Payroll and Paying Liabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.