Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Entering federal tax information, part of QuickBooks Payroll Essential Training.
- Intuit payroll takes care of setting up…federal payroll tax items in your company file.…You can edit those items if necessary.…To look at the items that are setup…in the payroll setup interview,…click taxes, and then click Federal Taxes.…You can see that they're quiet a few items…that are all ready setup.…Although, there is an edit button,…you really can't edit much in the interview.…If you want to make changes,…I'm going to close the interview…by clicking finish later at the bottom left,…and then in the message box, click okay.…
To open up the payroll item list window,…up in the menu bar choose lists,…and then choose payroll item lists.…In the payroll item lists window,…you can see the federal tax items in the lists.…Well, one thing you can see from this is that…the payable too, that's the vendor,…is not correct for some of these items.…It's set to Great Statewide Bank,…and it should be Federal Treasury…like the Federal Unemployment item.…
Let's edit Federal Withholding.…I'm going to select that,…then at the bottom click the payroll item button,…
- Signing up for Intuit Payroll
- Working with the Setup Wizard
- Entering compensation and benefits items
- Setting up employees
- Defining payroll taxes
- Recording historical payroll data
- Running payroll
- Managing payroll liabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: signing up for QuickBooks Payroll.
1. Getting Started
What you need for payroll2m 15s
2. Setting Up Company and Employee Payroll Information
3. Defining Payroll Taxes
4. Finalizing Payroll Setup
5. Running Payroll and Paying Liabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.