- As you saw in other movies,…you can't edit all the settings for Payroll Items…in the Payroll Set-Up interview.…Once you complete the interview, though,…you can edit these items within the Payroll Item List…to finish the job.…To do that, head up to the Menu bar and choose Lists,…then choose Payroll Item List.…Now you can see all the Payroll items you've set up…in this company file, and key values about them.…I'm gonna scroll up toward the top of this list…and here the mileage reimbursement item is set…to 45 cents a mile.…
Let's say we wanna change that to 55 cents a mile.…To edit this item, right-click it…and choose Edit Payroll Item.…That opens up a dialog box with all the fields you can set…for this particular item.…I'm gonna click next,…and really, what I wanna find is the field…for changing the amount.…The Expense Account is fine, I click Next.…Click Next again.…Tax Tracking Type is fine.…Now, now I'm getting somewhere.…
Calculating based on quantity, we are doing that.…Click Next, and finally there's the field…
- Signing up for Intuit Payroll
- Working with the Setup Wizard
- Entering compensation and benefits items
- Setting up employees
- Defining payroll taxes
- Recording historical payroll data
- Running payroll
- Managing payroll liabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: signing up for QuickBooks Payroll.
QuickBooks Desktop: Tips and Trickswith Bonnie Biafore3h 13m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
What you need for payroll2m 15s
2. Setting Up Company and Employee Payroll Information
3. Defining Payroll Taxes
4. Finalizing Payroll Setup
5. Running Payroll and Paying Liabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.