Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating employee records, part of QuickBooks Payroll Essential Training.
- To pay employees using Intuit Payroll…you first have to give the program…basic info about each employee.…Things like name, contact info,…hiring information, pay, benefits, and so on.…In the payroll setup interview…to get to the employees click…Employee Setup and then click Employee List.…This sample file has some employees already set up.…We're gonna add a new employee.…To do that below the list click Add New.…
The new dialogue box opens up…with the first of many screens that we have…to fill in to set up this employee.…We start with the easy things,…the Name and Address.…In the First Name box we're gonna type Jane…and then I'm gonna click the Last Name box,…which is a required field, and type Salvez.…As I click away from the Last Name box…you can see that the Print on Check As box…fills in automatically with the…first name, middle initial if you fill it in,…and last name.…
The next thing is Contact Information.…The Home Address has an asterisk.…That means it's a required field.…I'm gonna click that box…and type in her street address.…
- Signing up for Intuit Payroll
- Working with the Setup Wizard
- Entering compensation and benefits items
- Setting up employees
- Defining payroll taxes
- Recording historical payroll data
- Running payroll
- Managing payroll liabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: signing up for QuickBooks Payroll.
QuickBooks Desktop: Tips and Trickswith Bonnie Biafore3h 13m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
What you need for payroll2m 15s
2. Setting Up Company and Employee Payroll Information
3. Defining Payroll Taxes
4. Finalizing Payroll Setup
5. Running Payroll and Paying Liabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.