- It's funny how employees expect…to get paid for their work.…Maybe that's why the payroll setup interview…kicks off with compensation.…To open the interview, head up to the menu bar,…and click employees, and then choose payroll setup.…Then, in the interview,…over on the left side,…click company setup,…and underneath that, click compensation.…And you can see that this compensation list…already has some items assigned to it.…But we're going to create a couple more.…
To do that, underneath the list,…click add new, and that opens up the add new dialogue box.…You can see that there are check boxes…for different types of compensation.…Salary, hourly wages, things like bonuses,…commission, and so on.…We're going to add a new salary item,…and also a commission item.…Turn on both of those check boxes.…That means that the screens that you go through…will ask questions about both of those items.…
When you're ready, click next.…Now the first screen asks about the salary item.…And the first thing we have to specify…is the name that shows on the paychecks.…
- Signing up for Intuit Payroll
- Working with the Setup Wizard
- Entering compensation and benefits items
- Setting up employees
- Defining payroll taxes
- Recording historical payroll data
- Running payroll
- Managing payroll liabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: signing up for QuickBooks Payroll.
QuickBooks Desktop: Tips and Trickswith Bonnie Biafore3h 13m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
What you need for payroll2m 15s
2. Setting Up Company and Employee Payroll Information
3. Defining Payroll Taxes
4. Finalizing Payroll Setup
5. Running Payroll and Paying Liabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.