- After you finish setting up all the usual benefits,…you might have other items to add or deduct…from employees' paychecks.…The miscellaneous category is the place to go…to clean up those loose ends.…In the Payroll Setup interview,…go the Company Setup section…and, if necessary, click Employee Benefits…and finally click Miscellaneous.…This sample file has a couple of items…already included in the list,…but we're gonna add some more to see how it works.…Below the list, click Add New.…
The Add New dialog box has checkboxes for…different types of additions and deductions.…For example, with additions, they include…cash advance, taxable fringe benefits…and mileage reimbursement.…I'm going to turn on mileage reimbursement.…If you have other additions that don't…fall into those first three categories,…turn on the miscellaneous addition checkbox.…The deductions section has things like…wage garnishment, union dues and donation to charity.…
And I'm gonna turn that last one on.…If you have other deductions that don't…fall into those other categories,…
- Signing up for Intuit Payroll
- Working with the Setup Wizard
- Entering compensation and benefits items
- Setting up employees
- Defining payroll taxes
- Recording historical payroll data
- Running payroll
- Managing payroll liabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: signing up for QuickBooks Payroll.
QuickBooks Desktop: Tips and Trickswith Bonnie Biafore3h 13m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
What you need for payroll2m 15s
2. Setting Up Company and Employee Payroll Information
3. Defining Payroll Taxes
4. Finalizing Payroll Setup
5. Running Payroll and Paying Liabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.