Turn on time tracking and record hours worked.
- [Instructor] If you charge customers for time worked,…people can record their time right in QuickBooks Online.…That way, you can pull billable hours…into your customer invoices.…There's a little set up,…but the time you save invoicing…for billable hours makes it all worth while.…The first thing you have to do for Time Tracking is…to turn it on.…So, we're going to head up to the top right…and click the Settings icon.…Then, under Your Company, choose Account and Settings.…
The category that you want is Advanced.…When you choose that on the left side of the screen,…then you have to scroll down on the right side…until you see Time Tracking.…Click within that panel, so you can edit those settings.…The one thing you want to do is turn on the checkbox…to Add Service Field to Timesheets.…That way, in Time Tracking,…the person who's tracking their time…can specify the service that they performed.…
You also want to keep the checkbox…to Make Single Time Activity Billable to Customer turned on.…That way, you can bill your customers for the time.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing a QuickBooks Online edition
- Setting up customers and vendors
- Setting up billable expenses and time
- Paying bills
- Creating invoices
- Handling refunds
- Depositing payments
- Handling downloaded online banking transactions
- Running and customizing reports
- Automating recurring transactions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up Customers and Vendors
3. Setting Up to Sell Products and Services
4. Paying for Expenses
6. Receiving Payments
Receive payments9m 40s
7. Working with a Bank Account
Set up bank rules7m 44s
8. Reviewing Financial Information
9. Other Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.