Track inventory status and reorder inventory items.
- [Instructor] You have to track inventory to make sure…you have it in stock to sell.…When you sell inventory, it's deducted from the quantity…on hand and when you buy it, the quantity on hand goes up.…To track inventory, we're going to turn on Purchase Orders.…So let's head up to the top right and click the settings…icon and then choose Account and Settings.…You want to go to the expenses category then click the panel…for purchase orders.…
Turn on the checkbox to use purchase orders and click Save.…To close this screen, go down to the bottom right…and click Done.…Now when we set up inventory items in another movie,…we added reorder points to those items, so let's take a look…at how those work.…We're going to go up to the settings icon and then under…Lists choose Products and Services.…There are two big icons at the top of the Products…and Services list.…
The one is for low stock and that means that the quantity…on hand is less than the reorder point.…On the other hand, out of stock means you don't have any…on hand.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing a QuickBooks Online edition
- Setting up customers and vendors
- Setting up billable expenses and time
- Paying bills
- Creating invoices
- Handling refunds
- Depositing payments
- Handling downloaded online banking transactions
- Running and customizing reports
- Automating recurring transactions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up Customers and Vendors
3. Setting Up to Sell Products and Services
4. Paying for Expenses
6. Receiving Payments
Receive payments9m 40s
7. Working with a Bank Account
Set up bank rules7m 44s
8. Reviewing Financial Information
9. Other Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.