Set up QuickBooks Online so that time, products, and services can be billed to a customer.
- [Instructor] Say you purchase products or track work hours…that you want to bill to customers.…A couple of Quickbooks Online settings are all it takes…to track those charges and add them to invoices.…Let's start by looking at what a bill looks like…out of the box.…To do that we're going to click…the create icon at the top right,…it's a plus inside a circle.…Then on the dropdown menu under vendors, choose bill.…
When you look at the table in the bill screen…there are no columns to designate these charges as billable…or to specify the customer.…Well let's go ahead and go up to the top right,…click the X to close that screen.…Now we're going to click the settings icon…and go to account and settings.…We want the expenses category.…On the left side I click expenses.…And we want the section bills and expenses.…
So I'm going to click that panel.…The first thing I want to do is…I'm going to turn on this checkbox,…track expenses and items by customer.…So that means we'll be able to tell Quickbooks Online…which customer is going to pay for the expense or the item.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing a QuickBooks Online edition
- Setting up customers and vendors
- Setting up billable expenses and time
- Paying bills
- Creating invoices
- Handling refunds
- Depositing payments
- Handling downloaded online banking transactions
- Running and customizing reports
- Automating recurring transactions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up Customers and Vendors
3. Setting Up to Sell Products and Services
4. Paying for Expenses
6. Receiving Payments
Receive payments9m 40s
7. Working with a Bank Account
Set up bank rules7m 44s
8. Reviewing Financial Information
9. Other Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.