Set up bank rules to categorize downloaded bank transactions.
- [Instructor] Bank rules put you in control…of categorizing downloaded transactions.…You can set up rules that apply…to all bank accounts or just certain ones.…They can also apply to expense…transactions, deposits or transfers.…And you can define up to five tests for each role.…On the dashboard I'm going to head over to the right side…and click the credit card account in the bank accounts box.…That takes me to the Bank and Credit Cards screen…where I can see transactions from my credit card.…
Let's scroll down and find, we got a couple…of transactions for USPS; notice that Quickbooks Online…has it associated with office supplies in software.…But what we want to do is when Quickbooks brings in these…transactions into our records, we want the USPS…transactions to be associated with the shipping account.…And we can use rules to do this, so I'm going to click…Bank Rules up at the top of the screen.…
And there are a few existing rules…but you can create as many new ones as you want.…Up at the top right of the table I'm going to click new rule,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing a QuickBooks Online edition
- Setting up customers and vendors
- Setting up billable expenses and time
- Paying bills
- Creating invoices
- Handling refunds
- Depositing payments
- Handling downloaded online banking transactions
- Running and customizing reports
- Automating recurring transactions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up Customers and Vendors
3. Setting Up to Sell Products and Services
4. Paying for Expenses
6. Receiving Payments
Receive payments9m 40s
7. Working with a Bank Account
Set up bank rules7m 44s
8. Reviewing Financial Information
9. Other Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.