Create a fixed asset and record its depreciation in QuickBooks Online.
- [Instructor] When you purchase an asset,…you usually want to depreciate it…to spread the purchase expense over time.…In this movie, you'll see how to create a fixed asset,…and then record depreciation for it.…Let's start by going up to the top right…and clicking the settings icon.…Then we're going to go to chart of accounts.…At the top right, click the new button,…and we want to create a new fixed assets account.…
In the category type dropdown list,…you want to choose fixed assets.…Then in detail type,…you have to select what type of fixed assets.…So we're going to use furniture and fixtures, in this example.…That fills in the name box,…and furniture and fixtures is just fine,…so I'm going to leave it the way it is.…Then I can add an account number for this account.…When you want to track depreciation of an asset,…turn on the check box, track depreciation of this asset.…
Now even though these boxes for original cost…and depreciation show up,…we're going to leave those blank,…and click save and close.…Notice that QuickBooks Online creates a parent account…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing a QuickBooks Online edition
- Setting up customers and vendors
- Setting up billable expenses and time
- Paying bills
- Creating invoices
- Handling refunds
- Depositing payments
- Handling downloaded online banking transactions
- Running and customizing reports
- Automating recurring transactions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up Customers and Vendors
3. Setting Up to Sell Products and Services
4. Paying for Expenses
6. Receiving Payments
Receive payments9m 40s
7. Working with a Bank Account
Set up bank rules7m 44s
8. Reviewing Financial Information
9. Other Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.