Record a customer payment and deposit the payment into a bank account.
- [Instructor] When customers send you payments,…you need to record them in QuickBooks Online.…You can receive payments against a single invoice,…or several from the same customer.…If you receive several payments before you deposit them,…you can store them in an Undeposited Funds account…until you go to the bank.…In this example, we need to create the account,…because QuickBooks Online didn't create it for us.…I'm going to head up to the settings icon,…and on the drop down menu choose Chart of Accounts.…
Then over at the top right, click the new button…to open up the account dialogue box.…In the category type list…you want to choose Other Current Assets.…Then, in Detail Type, click the down arrow,…and you have to scroll down to the very bottom,…because Undeposited Funds is the last entry in the list.…QuickBooks Online automatically fills in the name box…with Undeposited Funds, which is fine.…So, let's skip to the number box,…and I'm going to number this 1,800.…
I don't have to fill in anything else,…so I can go down to the bottom right,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing a QuickBooks Online edition
- Setting up customers and vendors
- Setting up billable expenses and time
- Paying bills
- Creating invoices
- Handling refunds
- Depositing payments
- Handling downloaded online banking transactions
- Running and customizing reports
- Automating recurring transactions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up Customers and Vendors
3. Setting Up to Sell Products and Services
4. Paying for Expenses
6. Receiving Payments
Receive payments9m 40s
7. Working with a Bank Account
Set up bank rules7m 44s
8. Reviewing Financial Information
9. Other Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.