Learn how to remit sales tax collected to the appropriate tax agencies.
- [Instructor] With the sales tax feature turned on…Quickbooks Online keeps track of the sales taxes…you collect from your customers and how much…you have to remit to each tax agency.…When it's time to send sales taxes to the agencies,…you simply record the payment, and send it in.…To show you how this works, I'm going to have to make…a few changes to what I've set up so far in this company.…So we're going to start by changing the tax agency settings…for the state of Connecticut.…
On the left side, I'm going to click Taxes…to get to the sales tax screen.…Up at the top right, I'm going to click Sales Tax Settings,…and then I'm going to click the edit link…for the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.…What I'm going to do here is I'm going to set…the tax period to be a previous period…so that we can see what taxes we owe and have to send in.…So I'm going to change the start…of the tax period to March, and I'll change…the start date to March first.…
Then down at the bottom, I click Save.…Another thing that I'm going to do,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing a QuickBooks Online edition
- Setting up customers and vendors
- Setting up billable expenses and time
- Paying bills
- Creating invoices
- Handling refunds
- Depositing payments
- Handling downloaded online banking transactions
- Running and customizing reports
- Automating recurring transactions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up Customers and Vendors
3. Setting Up to Sell Products and Services
4. Paying for Expenses
6. Receiving Payments
Receive payments9m 40s
7. Working with a Bank Account
Set up bank rules7m 44s
8. Reviewing Financial Information
9. Other Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.