Import customer and vendor data into QuickBooks Online.
- [Instructor] Say you have customer or vendor information…in an Excel spreadsheet or a comma-delimited file.…If you do, you can make short work…of getting your customer or vendor records…into QuickBooks Online.…Let's start by importing some customer information.…To do that, I'm going to head over to the navigation bar…on the left and click invoicing.…On the screen that appears,…there are the tabs across the top…and I want to click customers,…to work with my customers.…
Once I can see the customers list,…I'm going to head over to the top right…and click the down arrow next to the new customer button.…From the shortcut menu I choose import customers…and that takes me to this screen…that shows that importing has three steps.…The first step is to select the file…that you want to upload.…I'm going to click the browse button…and I've got a file in the exercise files folder…with customer information to import.…
So I select that file and click open.…Now that I'm finished with that step,…I'm going to go down to the bottom right…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing a QuickBooks Online edition
- Setting up customers and vendors
- Setting up billable expenses and time
- Paying bills
- Creating invoices
- Handling refunds
- Depositing payments
- Handling downloaded online banking transactions
- Running and customizing reports
- Automating recurring transactions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up Customers and Vendors
3. Setting Up to Sell Products and Services
4. Paying for Expenses
6. Receiving Payments
Receive payments9m 40s
7. Working with a Bank Account
Set up bank rules7m 44s
8. Reviewing Financial Information
9. Other Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.