Create a customer credit and apply it to an invoice or issue a refund check.
- [Instructor] What if a customer returns products…or complains about an order?…You have a couple of options.…You can issue a credit to the customer…that they can use later.…Or you can refund their money right away.…Out of the box credits are applied automatically…but we're going to turn off that setting…so that you can choose when to a apply credit.…To do that we're going to head up to the top right…and click the setting icon…and then choose account and settings.…
You want to go to advanced and then look for…the automation section.…Click that so can edit it.…What you want to do is turn off the check box…for automatically apply credit.…Then click save.…And down at the bottom right click done.…Now we're going to create a credit memo…for a customer credit.…I'm going to head up to the top right…and click the create icon.…Underneath the customer's heading choose credit memo.…
That opens up the credit memo screen.…We're going to start by choosing the customer.…In this case it's All Kinds of Taste.…Then we're going to set the date for the credit.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing a QuickBooks Online edition
- Setting up customers and vendors
- Setting up billable expenses and time
- Paying bills
- Creating invoices
- Handling refunds
- Depositing payments
- Handling downloaded online banking transactions
- Running and customizing reports
- Automating recurring transactions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up Customers and Vendors
3. Setting Up to Sell Products and Services
4. Paying for Expenses
6. Receiving Payments
Receive payments9m 40s
7. Working with a Bank Account
Set up bank rules7m 44s
8. Reviewing Financial Information
9. Other Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.