Display and edit account numbers in the chart of accounts.
- [Instructor] QuickBooks online doesn't display account…numbers when you first set up your company.…But it's easy to turn them on so you can see them…and edit them.…We're going to head up to the top right and click…the settings icon.…On the drop down menu, choose Account and Settings.…On the Account and Settings screen, over on the left side,…choose the Advanced category.…Then look for the Chart of accounts section it has one…setting for enable account numbers and it's turned off.…
To turn them on, we're going to click that section…and then turn on the checkbox for enable account numbers.…Now when I do that, another checkbox shows up that says…show account numbers.…What this does is it means that you can actually see…the account numbers in windows, transactions, and reports.…Well it seems to me that if I'm going to use account…numbers, I'm going to turn on this enable account numbers,…I also want to see them so I'm going to turn on that…checkbox as well.…
Then I can click Save.…Before I leave the Account and Settings screen I want…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing a QuickBooks Online edition
- Setting up customers and vendors
- Setting up billable expenses and time
- Paying bills
- Creating invoices
- Handling refunds
- Depositing payments
- Handling downloaded online banking transactions
- Running and customizing reports
- Automating recurring transactions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up Customers and Vendors
3. Setting Up to Sell Products and Services
4. Paying for Expenses
6. Receiving Payments
Receive payments9m 40s
7. Working with a Bank Account
Set up bank rules7m 44s
8. Reviewing Financial Information
9. Other Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.