Customize and save a report.
- [Instructor] If you need reports…that QuickBooks Online doesn't offer by default,…you can modify built-in reports…and save them to use in the future.…You can even tell QuickBooks Online…to send them out on a schedule you specify.…Over in the navigation bar on the left,…I'm going to click Reports.…In the middle of the screen,…click the All Reports link and then I'm going to choose…the review sales category.…So, I'm going to click that link,…and let's say that we want to customize…the sales by customer detail report.…
To do that, I'm going to click the customize link…beneath that report name.…By doing that, the report screen opens for that report,…but it also opens this panel so that you can customize…the report in a variety of ways.…Initially, you can change the report period…just like you do on the screen for the report,…but you can do it here as well.…So, I'm going to click the down arrow…and then choose this year to date.…
The accounting method is set to the method…that you've selected in QuickBooks Online settings.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing a QuickBooks Online edition
- Setting up customers and vendors
- Setting up billable expenses and time
- Paying bills
- Creating invoices
- Handling refunds
- Depositing payments
- Handling downloaded online banking transactions
- Running and customizing reports
- Automating recurring transactions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up Customers and Vendors
3. Setting Up to Sell Products and Services
4. Paying for Expenses
6. Receiving Payments
Receive payments9m 40s
7. Working with a Bank Account
Set up bank rules7m 44s
8. Reviewing Financial Information
9. Other Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.