Create a vendor in QuickBooks Online.
- [Instructor] In QuickBooks Online,…vendor records represent your real-life vendors,…like an olive oil distributor, catering supply company,…or the landlord for your retail store.…The program uses the information in those records…to fill out bills and track how you owe, and to whom.…To work with vendors,…you head over to the Navigation bar on the left side,…and click Expenses.…That brings you to a screen that has two tabs at the top,…Expenses and Vendors.…
With Expenses, you'll see your expense transactions.…So click Vendors to see your vendors list.…Because we don't have any vendors yet,…you see this simplified screen…with just a button that says Add a vendor.…Let's add our first vendor by clicking that button.…That opens up the Vendor Information dialogue box…with a whole slew of fields…that you can fill in for your vendor.…Well we're going to start by filling in…the company name for this vendor.…
Now keep in mind, if the vendor is an individual,…you can leave the company name blank,…and just fill in the name boxes.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing a QuickBooks Online edition
- Setting up customers and vendors
- Setting up billable expenses and time
- Paying bills
- Creating invoices
- Handling refunds
- Depositing payments
- Handling downloaded online banking transactions
- Running and customizing reports
- Automating recurring transactions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up Customers and Vendors
3. Setting Up to Sell Products and Services
4. Paying for Expenses
6. Receiving Payments
Receive payments9m 40s
7. Working with a Bank Account
Set up bank rules7m 44s
8. Reviewing Financial Information
9. Other Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.