Learn how to create a project in QuickBooks Online.
- [Instructor] QuickBooks Online…now includes a lightweight Project Management feature…for Projects to help you track jobs…or projects you do for customers.…If your project needs are simple,…you can turn on Projects in QuickBooks Online.…To do that, head up to the top right corner…and click the gear icon.…In the dropdown list click "Account and Settings,"…then in the Account and Settings screen…select the "Advanced" category.…
Find "Projects" in the list.…Click that row, and then you want to turn on the check box…"Organize all job-related activity in one place."…Then click "Save."…Once that's turned on, go down to…the bottom right corner and click "Done."…Now when you look at the navigation bar…you'll see that Projects is listed there,…so let's go ahead and click that.…
At this point we're ready to create our first project.…On this screen click "Add your first project."…That opens up a panel that says "New project."…The first thing you have to do…is give the project a name.…So, let's say that it's Birthday party.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing a QuickBooks Online edition
- Setting up customers and vendors
- Setting up billable expenses and time
- Paying bills
- Creating invoices
- Handling refunds
- Depositing payments
- Handling downloaded online banking transactions
- Running and customizing reports
- Automating recurring transactions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up Customers and Vendors
3. Setting Up to Sell Products and Services
4. Paying for Expenses
6. Receiving Payments
Receive payments9m 40s
7. Working with a Bank Account
Set up bank rules7m 44s
8. Reviewing Financial Information
9. Other Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.