Learn how to create inventory and non-inventory product items in QuickBooks Online.
- [Narrator] Creating items for the products you sell…is similar to setting up service items.…When you wanna track what you have in inventory,…there are a few additional fields to fill in…for those inventory items.…Let's start by making sure inventory settings are turned on.…I'm gonna go up to the top right and click the gear icon.…Then in the dropdown list, choose Account and Settings.…Over on the left hand side, select the Sales category.…
Then you wanna look for Products and Services.…Make sure that track quantity and price/rate is turned on…and also track inventory quantity on hand.…In this case, they're both already turned on…because of the industry I selected…when I created this company.…If you do need to change it, you can just click that row…and turn on those check boxes and then click Save.…To close this screen, go down…to the bottom right corner and click Done.…
Next, we're gonna go back up to the gear icon…and click it again.…This time, underneath Lists,…I wanna select Products and Services.…That shows me the products and services that I've created.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing a QuickBooks Online edition
- Setting up customers and vendors
- Setting up billable expenses and time
- Paying bills
- Creating invoices
- Handling refunds
- Depositing payments
- Handling downloaded online banking transactions
- Running and customizing reports
- Automating recurring transactions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up Customers and Vendors
3. Setting Up to Sell Products and Services
4. Paying for Expenses
6. Receiving Payments
Receive payments9m 40s
7. Working with a Bank Account
Set up bank rules7m 44s
8. Reviewing Financial Information
9. Other Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.