Create new accounts and subaccounts.
- [Instructor] You can save a lot of time…by connecting the bank accounts you create…in QuickBooks Online…with your real-world bank accounts.…Financial institutions offer different kinds of connections…and different online services.…So this movie is just one example…of setting up an account for online banking.…In fact, let's start by creating a bank account…that isn't connected to the real-world bank.…To do that, we're going to head up to the top right…and click the settings icon.…
And on the dropdown menu, choose chart of accounts.…When you first go to your chart of accounts,…you see a screen that has one button…that says see your chart of accounts.…So go ahead and click that button.…Then you'll see the list of accounts…that QuickBooks Online has created for you…based on the type of company…and the industry that you're in.…We're going to create a checking account for the company,…but we're not going to connect it to a bank.…
To do that, I'm going to go up to the top right…and click the new button.…That opens up the account dialog box.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing a QuickBooks Online edition
- Setting up customers and vendors
- Setting up billable expenses and time
- Paying bills
- Creating invoices
- Handling refunds
- Depositing payments
- Handling downloaded online banking transactions
- Running and customizing reports
- Automating recurring transactions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up Customers and Vendors
3. Setting Up to Sell Products and Services
4. Paying for Expenses
6. Receiving Payments
Receive payments9m 40s
7. Working with a Bank Account
Set up bank rules7m 44s
8. Reviewing Financial Information
9. Other Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.