The template for a basic plugin is created by Gordon in this video.
- [Narrator] Next we're going to use the plugin builder, … to build the shell, … of our plugin that we're going to be building later on. … So first let's go under plugins, … plugin builder, and plugin builder. … And there's a plugin builder three, two, one. … The class name, we're just going to call it save DXF. … So what this plugin is going to do eventually, … is be able to choose from a dropdown list … of the current layers in your project, choose one, … and then be able to save it as a DXF file. … So that layer can be exported individually as a DXF file, … so that you could open it within the QGIS project, … or any other products such as AutoCAD. … So I'm going to call this class name … and plugin name both, save DXF with an underscore. … And I'll just say this DXF exports a layer to DXF. … And I'll just call it, save DXF, keep it. … Consistent all the way through. … We'll leave the version 01, that's fine. … Minimum QGIS, yes this was written for three, … the company, I'll just say LinkedIn learning, …
- Creating your first Python script
- Saving scripts
- Managing QGIS projects and layers programmatically
- Exporting geometry
- Drawing new geometry
- Importing DWG and DXF files
- Creating plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
Esri ArcGIS Maps for Creative Cloud Extensionwith Tony Harmer1h 17m Intermediate
1. Beginning Python
2. Managing Layers and Projects with Python
3. Geometry Handling
4. Importing DWG and DXF
5. Creating Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.