- Creating your first Python script
- Saving scripts
- Managing QGIS projects and layers programmatically
- Exporting geometry
- Drawing new geometry
- Importing DWG and DXF files
- Creating plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Gordon] Can AEC data from Revit, AutoCAD, and tool sets such as electrical and map 3D be brought into QGIS? Can you automate these processes? With QGIS in Python, you definitely can. If you can access your DWG and DXF files from your project, QGIS can automate the analysis and import with Python. I'm Gordon Luckett, CAD and GIS consultant and founder of Arrow Geomatics Inc. and I've been working with open source and commercial GIS programs for over 20 years. So, why not download QGIS and jump into Python scripting right away? Join me now in my LinkedIn learning course on QGIS Python for AEC.
ArcGIS Pro 2.4 Essential Trainingwith Gordon Luckett2h 20m Beginner
Esri ArcGIS Maps for Creative Cloud Extensionwith Tony Harmer1h 17m Intermediate
1. Beginning Python
2. Managing Layers and Projects with Python
3. Geometry Handling
4. Importing DWG and DXF
5. Creating Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.