In this video, Gordon adds and creates Layer Definition files using Python.
- [Instructor] In this video, … we use Python to load and save layer definition files. … Let's add a new shape file to an empty project right now. … The one we're going to use is ROAD_CENTRLINES … found under 2 Managing Layers and Projects with Python. … I'm just going to drag and drop that … into a brand new project. … I'm going to choose the very first option here … for a coordinate system. … The UTM zone 10 North. … So by default, QGIS assigns a random color. … In this case, green. … I'm going to change this color to red. … So let's double-click on that layer. … And under Symbology, … I'm going to choose a more red color, there we are. … And hit OK. … So now I have a red layer called ROAD_CENTERLINES. … And I could rename this, … so maybe I want to rename the layer. … I'll call it My Roads like that. … Now at any point I can save this layer … by exporting it to a layer definition file. … Layer definition files are great. … What they are, … they're individual files that keep track of the layer name, …
- Creating your first Python script
- Saving scripts
- Managing QGIS projects and layers programmatically
- Exporting geometry
- Drawing new geometry
- Importing DWG and DXF files
- Creating plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
Esri ArcGIS Maps for Creative Cloud Extensionwith Tony Harmer1h 17m Intermediate
1. Beginning Python
2. Managing Layers and Projects with Python
3. Geometry Handling
4. Importing DWG and DXF
5. Creating Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.