One of the most common mistakes when programming is not writing comments along the way. Comments are crucial when you look back on your work and share code with your team. In this video, learn how to write clear comments that indicate what each piece of your code does.
- [Instructor] One of the most common mistakes … in programming, is not writing comments along the way. … Writing comments is a simple, yet very crucial practice. … Comments help you document your thought process … behind your code, as well as how your code works. … Often, when you're working on a large project, … you may not complete the project in one sitting. … It's more likely you'll be working on it … across a period of time. … So, if you maintain good documentation in your code, … whenever you return to your work, … you have all the notes you need … to know exactly what your code does, … and you can easily pick up where you left off. … Also, when you're collaborating with a team, … you will often find yourself sharing your code … with your teammates, and vice-a-versa. … Reading the comments … that each team member wrote in their code, … will help all of you understand what's happening, … and ensure that all of the different pieces … of the project fit together. … To illustrate how to write clear comments, …
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Avoid Mistakes in Coding Practices
2. Avoid Mistakes in Structuring Code
3. Avoid Mistakes in Handling Data
4. Avoid Mistakes in Machine Learning
Using redundant features1m 45s
Get started with Python1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.