An if statement is the simplest conditional statement. Learn when and how to write an if statement.
- [Narrator] Conditional statements help you control … the flow of your program's execution. … A conditional statement instructs the computer … to perform certain actions if certain conditions are met. … The simplest conditional statement … is called an if statement. … An if statement instructs the computer to perform … a specific action, or set of actions, … if a specific condition is satisfied. … For example, say you ask the user for an integer … between negative 10 and 10, and if the number they enter … is less than five, a message is displayed to the user. … You would do something like this. … I'll call input, which is a built-in Python function, … and I'll pass in the following prompt. … Choose an integer between negative 10 and 10 … and enter it here. … So the user will be prompted to enter an integer … between negative 10 and 10. … Now, I want to store the user's response, so I can create … a variable named n and assign it to the user's response. … Note that the function input always returns …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- What is Python?
- Strengths and benefits of Python
- Types of data
- Storing data using variables
- Built-in and custom functions
- Lists and tuples
- Conditional statements
- Iteration with loops
- Recursive functions
- Object-oriented programming
Skill Level Beginner
Learning the Python 3 Standard Librarywith Kathryn Hodge2h 9m Intermediate
Python Standard Library Essential Trainingwith Joe Marini2h 18m Intermediate
1. Defining Python
2. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Data
3. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Functions
4. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Sequences
5. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Conditional Statements
6. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Iteration
7. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Recursion
Define recursive functions6m 13s
8. Quick Intro to Object-Oriented Programming in Python
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.