Python's unit tests are executed with a textural unit test runner, from a console window and even The PyDev graphical unit test feature. You can explore all of this in the video.
- [Narrator] In the previous video,…we started to use Python's unit testing capabilities,…and in this video, we will ensure the quality…of our GUI code by further using this capability.…We will extend our unit testing code by testing labels…and programmatically invoking a radio button.…We'll then verify in our unit test…that the corresponding text property…of the LabelFrame widget has changed as expected.…We'll test two different languages.…
Finally, we'll move on to use the built-in Eclipse/PyDev…graphical unit test runner.…We will unit test our GUI in order to make sure…that the internationalized strings…our GUI displays, are as expected.…In the previous video, we encountered some bugs…in our unit testing code.…But typically, our unit test will find…regression bugs that are caused by modifying…the existing application code, not the unit test code.…
Once we have verified that our unit testing code…is correct, we do not usually change it.…Our unit test also served this documentation…of what we expect our code to do.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.