In this video, learn how to join strings together and how to work with substrings, in addition to string interpolation and basic regular expressions.
- [Instructor] Idiomatic Python,…also known as Pythonic code, is code that embodies…the principles, that inspired Python's design.…As we've seen so far in this chapter,…the Pythonic solution to a programming problem…is usually the most efficient and most readable…that you can write.…In this video we're going to refactor several snippets…of code, to make them more Pythonic.…Using the power of iterators and collections which…we discussed in this chapter.…Among other things, we see how you can be more…Pythonic by, exploiting set comprehensions…and set operations.…
By formatting strings with format.…By using generic function arguments.…And by using all and any in selection closes.…I will start by importing all packages for this chapter,…and by reconstructing the metadata structure.…Either way, the principles of Pythonic code…are embedded in the language itself,…within a cool Easter egg.…We get it by typing import this.…The Zen of Python.…My favorite principles are that,…beautiful is better than ugly.…That simple is better than complex.…
- Designing efficient loops
- Exploiting Python collections
- Writing Pythonic code
- Choosing the best libraries for your tasks
- Downloading webpages with requests
- Parsing HTML with Beautiful Soup
- Manipulating images with Pillow
- Making videos and drawing on maps with matplotlib
- Serving webpages with Jinja2 and Flask
- Working with Python classes
- Taking advantage of functional techniques
- Profiling CPU and memory use
- Exploiting parallelism
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Installation and Setup
Jupyter notebooks3m 19s
2. Writing Python Efficiently
3. Exploiting Python Libraries
4. Advanced: Python Object-Oriented and Functional Programming
5. Introduction to Performance Optimization in Python
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.