Join Jungwoo Ryoo for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with Pattern language, part of Python: Design Patterns.
- The process of mastering important terms…used in describing Design Patterns is similar…to learning a new language.…This is why we refer to these terms…as what constitutes a Pattern Language.…A Pattern Language consists of name, context,…problem, solution, and related patterns.…The names of patterns should capture…the gist of the pattern, and these names become…an essential part of a vocabulary during the design process.…
Therefore, they need to be especially…meaningful and memorable.…The context provides a scenario…in which these patterns may be used.…The context also provides more insights…on when to use the pattern and when not to use the pattern.…The problem part of the pattern description describes…a design challenge the pattern is trying to address.…And the solution part of the pattern description…specifies the pattern itself.…The patterns are specified in terms…of their structures and behaviors.…
The structure in this case specifies the relationships…in between the elements used in the pattern.…The behaviors specify all the interactions in between…
- Understanding design patterns
- Best design practices: consistency, completeness, and correctness
- Working with creational patterns
- Working with structural patterns
- Working with behavioral patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the strategy pattern example, why does the code keep executing the default function rather than the alternate?
A: The programming demonstration skips the step of defining what the strategy pattern should be when an alternate function name is provided
as an argument as shown below.
Programming Foundations: Design Patternswith Elisabeth Robson2h 19m Intermediate
1. Understanding Design Patterns
2. Creational Patterns
3. Structural Patterns
4. Behavioral Patterns
5. Design Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.