Join Jungwoo Ryoo for an in-depth discussion in this video Why use design patterns, or why not?, part of Python: Advanced Design Patterns.
- [Instructor] You should be able to articulate…the benefits of using design patterns…and encourage your fellow developers to adopt them.…This is because you can get the most out of design patterns…when they're used consistently throughout your team…and organization.…One of the most obvious selling points is that…design patterns save time and money.…Developing a well-crafted design solution…takes time and can rack up development costs.…
On the other hand, you hardly have to lift a finger…when reusing ready made design solutions.…Life is even better if you share the same code base…with your coworkers.…This way, you don't even have to think twice…about the coding tests covered by design patterns…and their implementations.…Part of mastering the tricks of a trade…is to learn its vocabulary.…As you might already have guessed,…the design pattern lingo is a major contributor…to the body of software engineering vocabulary.…
If you don't understand what singleton means,…it's difficult to participate in a design meeting…
- Architectural vs. design patterns
- Why use design patterns?
- Design best practices
- Domain-specific patterns and security patterns
- Gang of Four design patterns
- Command, Mediator, and State
- Template method
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Python and Django (2015)with Caleb Smith1h 11m Intermediate
Programming Foundations: Design Patternswith Elisabeth Robson2h 19m Intermediate
1. Understanding Design Patterns: Review
2. Design Best Practices
3. Gang of Four (GoF) Patterns, Part 1
4. Gang of Four (GoF) Patterns, Part 2
Next steps1m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.