There are many programming languages out there, so you may be wondering why start with Python. After watching this video, you will know what makes Python an ideal first language, one of the main factors being the similarity to prose.
- One of the best things about Python is that it's easy to learn. And because of that, it has become one of the most taught programming languages in universities. The reason is Python has a simple syntax that makes it especially suitable for those who are learning how to code for the first time. Also, Python is important in the data science and machine learning fields. To help you understand why you should use Python, I want to give you my top seven reasons. First, Python allows for readable and maintainable code. Python also supports multiple approaches to programming. Python is compatible with all the main operating systems. And Python has a robust standard library which contains a lot of reusable code. You can use many open source Python frameworks and tools to save time when programming. Python allows you to develop complex software. For example, many Python developers use Python to accomplish tasks in artificial intelligence as well as natural language processing. And finally, Python makes it easier for you to code and test your code simultaneously through an approach known as as test driven development. So as you can see there are many good reasons to use Python and I'm excited for you to learn more.
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- What is Python?
- Strengths and benefits of Python
- Types of data
- Storing data using variables
- Built-in and custom functions
- Lists and tuples
- Conditional statements
- Iteration with loops
- Recursive functions
- Object-oriented programming