Join Barron Stone for an in-depth discussion in this video While loops, part of Programming Fundamentals in the Real World.
- The dishwasher just finished running…so I'm ready to put away the dishes…into the cabinet.…Uh-oh.…Most of the dishes in there look clean, but…this pan had some burnt food stuck to it…that the dishwasher couldn't get off.…I guess I'll have to clean it…the old fashioned way.…The process of scrubbing this pan…belongs in a while loop…because I don't know how many times…I'm going to have to scrub it…to get it clean.…Rather than specifying how many times…I'm going to scrub it before I begin,…like you would with a for loop,…I'll just start scrubbing this pan…and I'll continue scrubbing…until a specific condition is met.…
If the pan's clean…and then I can finally stop.…Each round of the scrubbing…is a two step process.…First, I scrub the pan with a sponge.…Then I give it a quick rinse…so I can see whether or not it's clean.…Now I check it.…Nope, still dirty.…So repeat that process again…and I'll continue this process…on and on and on…until the pan is finally clean.…Now I'm only checking the condition of the pan…at the end of the two step cleaning process.…
- Reusing functions
- Local vs. global variables
- Creating and naming custom objects
- Class inheritance
- Modules and packages
- Multidimensional lists and tuples
- Queues and stacks
- Creating and combining sets
- Storing data in dictionaries
- If/else and switch statements
- For vs. while loops
- Error handling
- Polling and event-driven programming
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Programming: Design Patternswith Elisabeth Robson2h 19m Intermediate
3. Class Inheritance
4. Modules and Packages
5. Lists and Tuples
6. Queues and Stacks
9. Conditional Execution
11. Error Handling
12. Polling and Event-Driven Programming
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.