Join Bhoomika Agarwal for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Python Automation and Testing.
- [Instructor] What do you need to know to get started with this course? Essentially, no prior knowledge is required. However, it is good to have some knowledge of Python which covers the basics, syntax and object-oriented programming concepts. It is also good to have a basic working knowledge of HTML as we will be working with Web UIs. I personally recommend you to try out the courses Python Essential Training and HTML Essential Training.
In addition to the knowledge that you require, we will be using the following tools. You are required to have Python installed on your system. Python is installed by default on Linux, Mac, Ubuntu, etc. On Windows, you have to install Python separately. We will be using the web ID IDLE throughout this course which comes installed by default with Python on Windows. You will have to install it separately on all other operating systems.
- What is automated testing?
- Python-Selenium bindings
- Parsing the DOM structure
- Locating elements in the DOM
- Navigating and interacting with pages
- Explicit and implicit waits