Sequences allow you to store collections of data. Learn how to use sequences.
- [Instructor] When you're programming, … you'll often need to store some data … to use throughout your program. … That could be individual pieces of data … and collections of data. … To store an individual piece of data, … say, the name of a person, you could do something like this. … In this cell, I've created a variable called name, … and I've assigned it the value of Brad in quotes. … Now, to store a collection of data, … say, a group of people's names, … you could do something like this. … And in this cell here, I've created a variable named group, … and I've assigned it to the list of names that you see here. … Both name and group are variables, … but each store a different type of data. … Name stores a string, … while group stores a list. … A list is a kind of sequence, … and a sequence is a collection of data. … Here, Daniel, Habiiba, Gloria, Erick, Sahara, and Marvin … are each an individual piece of data. … In fact, they are each a string, … and the variable group stores all those strings …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- What is Python?
- Strengths and benefits of Python
- Types of data
- Storing data using variables
- Built-in and custom functions
- Lists and tuples
- Conditional statements
- Iteration with loops
- Recursive functions
- Object-oriented programming
Skill Level Beginner
Learning the Python 3 Standard Librarywith Kathryn Hodge2h 9m Intermediate
Python Standard Library Essential Trainingwith Joe Marini2h 18m Intermediate
1. Defining Python
2. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Data
3. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Functions
4. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Sequences
5. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Conditional Statements
6. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Iteration
7. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Recursion
Define recursive functions6m 13s
8. Quick Intro to Object-Oriented Programming in Python
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.