Python supports object-oriented programming (OOP)—a very useful approach to programming. Learn what OOP is and its main components.
- Python supports Object Oriented Programming, … also known as OOP, … which is a useful approach to programming. … Now there's a lot to OOP, … but for the purposes of this course, … I'll give you just a quick introduction, … and there are a lot of resources out there … for you to build on what you learn in this video … and dive deeper. … In OOP objects are collections of both data … and the methods that operate on that data. … Every object has a type and the type … defines the kinds of things that programs can do … with objects of that type. … Usually, each object definition corresponds … to some object or concept in the real world. … And the functions that operate on the object … correspond to the ways real world objects interact. … In Python, builtin objects include lists, tuples, … and the methods associated with those datatypes. … Programmers can define new objects. … Objects are categorized to stay organized. … They're categorized into something called classes. … Every object is an instance of a class. …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- What is Python?
- Strengths and benefits of Python
- Types of data
- Storing data using variables
- Built-in and custom functions
- Lists and tuples
- Conditional statements
- Iteration with loops
- Recursive functions
- Object-oriented programming
Skill Level Beginner
Learning the Python 3 Standard Librarywith Kathryn Hodge2h 9m Intermediate
Python Standard Library Essential Trainingwith Joe Marini2h 18m Intermediate
1. Defining Python
2. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Data
3. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Functions
4. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Sequences
5. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Conditional Statements
6. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Iteration
7. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Recursion
Define recursive functions6m 13s
8. Quick Intro to Object-Oriented Programming in Python
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.