Iteration enables the computer to repeatedly perform tasks. Learn how to use iteration.
- [Instructor] Let's say two people, … player one and player two, are playing Hangman. … Player one comes up with a word or a phrase … and player two needs to guess it. … During the game player one can provide hints to player two … so player two can make more informed guesses. … One of these hints might be the number of vowels … in the word or phrase. … As a fun exercise let's say you were tasked … with coding Hangman, meaning you're building the game … so it can be played online. … Given the correct word or phrase, … how exactly would you find the number of vowels in it? … You do this by going through each character … in the correct word or phrase, … checking if that character is a vowel, … and keeping track of how many vowels you encounter. … That would look something like this. … Now let's break down this code, … and by the end you'll understand what each line does. … The word that player one comes up with … can be stored in a variable named word. … Say player one chooses serendipitous. …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- What is Python?
- Strengths and benefits of Python
- Types of data
- Storing data using variables
- Built-in and custom functions
- Lists and tuples
- Conditional statements
- Iteration with loops
- Recursive functions
- Object-oriented programming
Skill Level Beginner
Learning the Python 3 Standard Librarywith Kathryn Hodge2h 9m Intermediate
Python Standard Library Essential Trainingwith Joe Marini2h 18m Intermediate
1. Defining Python
2. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Data
3. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Functions
4. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Sequences
5. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Conditional Statements
6. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Iteration
7. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Recursion
Define recursive functions6m 13s
8. Quick Intro to Object-Oriented Programming in Python
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.